Prep Poetry Competition
In celebration of National Poetry Day, whose theme was ‘The Environment’, pupils were asked to write their own poems and this year there were more entries than ever before. Our Year 6 librarians read through all the entries and after much discussion decided on the winning entries:
Overall winner – Alice 6D for a funny and moving tribute to a nature-loving grandma in ‘Grandma Green Fingers’
Special mention goes to:
- Amelia 1F for best use of rhyme
- Sophie 1F for the best rhythm/beat
- Laila 4C for the best poem with a message
- Esther 3R for best long-form poem
- Rose 6D for best narrator viewpoint (a kite)
- Nazifa 6M for best repetition for effect
- Miuccia 6D for a poem that spoke to the librarians hearts
10 house points plus writing journals for all.
Winning poems will be displayed in the library and shared with Eco Council too. Well done everyone!