In the Press
Headington School regularly features in local, regional and national press with Headmistress Caroline Jordan a key commentator on educational issues.
- Monday 18th September: Read about the Headington School and Rye St Antony merger in The Oxford Mail.
- Tuesday 29th August: See Headington in Relocate Magazine’s article about GCSE success around the world.
- Friday 25th August: Read about Headington School celebrating another year of excellent GCSE results in The Oxford Mail.
- Thursday 24th August: Read about Headington’s fantastic GCSE results via the GSA website.
- Friday 18th August: See Headington pupils pick up A Level results in the Oxford Mail.
- Thursday 17th August: Read about Headington celebrating A Level success in Relocate Magazine.
- Sunday 28th May: Read all about Headington School Boat Club’s four medals at the National Schools Regatta in British Rowing online.
- Monday 20th March: Read about Headington School’s inspection in School House Magazine
- Friday 17th March: Read about Headington School being rated ‘excellent’ in recent inspection in the Oxford Mail
- Tuesday 17th January: Read about Headington School and Magdalen College School’s new joint bus partnership in the Oxford Mail
- Tuesday 31st January: Read about Headington School’s dazzling performance of ‘The Nutcracker’ as written by young reporter and L5 pupil, Ana, in the Oxford Mail
- Tuesday 26th April: Read the Oxford Mail’s article about the introduction of a natural history GCSE in 2025.
- Saturday 23rd April: Read the Oxford Mail’s article about how Headington School’s minibus has delivered aid to the boarder of Ukraine.
- Thursday 7th April: Read Study International’s article about how Headington’s pastoral care produces happy and well-adjusted students.
- Friday 27th May: Headington girls contributed to a textile garden for The Fashion Revolution which was exhibited at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2022. Read The Independent’s, House & Garden’s or Fashion United’s stories about the textile garden and the garden’s aims to highlight a more sustainable, environmentally-friendly, fun approach to fashion – lessons learned in the new Art Textiles syllabus at Headington.
- Sunday 29th May: Read the Junior Rowing News article about the National Schools’ Regatta 2022
- Wednesday 6th October: See Study International’s feature pieces about Headington’s creative and innovative education for the 21st century.
- Monday 14th June: Read Aegis’s article about how Headington supports international students through the COVID pandemic.
- Saturday 1st May: Read The Telegraph’s story about suburban schools seeing a surge in applications.
- Friday 19th February: Read the Oxford Mail’s story about a Prep school pupil and her family volunteering as part of Nishkam SWAT charity, distributing warm food and other essentials to anyone who needs them during lockdown.
- Tuesday 13th July: Read the Oxford Mail’s story about Headington’s IB students celebrating their 2021 IB results – the last IB cohort at Headington School.
- Saturday 7th November: Read the Oxford Mail’s story about Headington’s field of ceramic poppies for Remembrance Day.
- Saturday 10th October: Read the Oxford Mail’s article on Headington student’s online danceathon to raise money for girls around the world disproportionality affected by Covid-19 with charity, The Circle.
- Thursday 9th July: TES report on ‘Why A-level results are like Liverpool’s League victory’ with contributions from Headington’s Head of Economics.
- Tuesday 7th July: Read NHS Oxford Health’s news story about Headington pupils baking for the 72nd birthday of the NHS.
- Thursday 21st May: Articles from TES , The York Press and The Shropshire Star about schools keeping Year 6 pupils at home with contribution from Caroline Jordan, Headmistress of Headington School.
- Monday 4th May: Read the Oxford Mail’s or the ISC News’ news stories about how Headington pupil Grace has won a competition to design a logo for Joe Wicks’ ‘P.E. with Joe’.
- Monday 3rd February: Read The Henley Standard’s round up of the Quintin Head of the River rowing race in which Headington’s WJ18 were victorious.
- Tuesday 24th December: Article in School Search written by Headington’s Headmistress Caroline Jordan about why creativity and innovation are so important.
- Wednesday 11th December: Article in the Oxford Mail’s about Ai-Da the robot’s visit to Headington School.
- Wednesday 11th December: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington Prep School’s Nativity.
- Wednesday 11th December: Article by the Oxford Mail about local politicans’ visit to Headington School.
- Monday 25th November: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington pupil Zoe scoring the top mark in the world in her Food and Nutrition iGCSE exam.
- Friday 15th November: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington being shortlisted for a TES Independent School Award for creativity.
- Saturday 9th November: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington’s involvement in the Dorchester Abbey Remembrance Concert.
- Wednesday 24th July: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington’s fantastic IB results in 2019.
- Friday 12th July: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington’s rowers reaching the Diamond Jubilee Challenge Cup final at Henley Royal Regatta.
- Saturday 15th June: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington’s plans to construct a new boathouse on the River Thames.
- Monday 4th February: Read the Oxford Mail’s article featuring Headington pupil Rheia who performed with Company Jinks and were voted through on Saturday to the second stage of the Live Finals of The Greatest Dancer on BBC1 .
- Thursday 31st January: Read the Oxford Mail’s news story about Headington pupil Rheia who has secured herself a spot in the live shows of BBC talent show The Greatest Dancer with dance group Company Jinks.
- Sunday 23rd September: Read the Oxford Times news story about two Headingtonians who have become the first to kayak across Europe, raising £75,000 for three charities
- Thursday 23rd August: Read Attain’s news story about Headington’s superb GCSE results for 2018
- Friday 17th August: Read Oxford Mail’s tweets or Attain’s news story as A-Level results from schools are revealed across Oxfordshire
- Friday 3rd August: Article from the Oxford Times on the achievement of Oxfordshire rowers in the Under 23 World Rowing Championships featuring Headingtonians and current pupils
- Thursday 12th July: Read the Oxford Times and Oxford Mail articles about outstanding IB Results for 2018 featuring Headmistress Caroline Jordan
- Tuesday 10th July: Articles by the Oxford Mail and Oxford Times covering the Henley Royal Regatta
- Friday 29th June: Read the WeRow, Oxford Mail and Oxford Times articles about the Henley Women’s Regatta
- Thursday 21st June: Read the Schools Week supplement looking at 50 Years of the IB including a feature from Headington School and Head of IB, Mr James Stephenson
- Tuesday 12th June: Read news story on the Attain magazine website about our record breaking Headington Prep girls swimming to victory at the National IAPS Swimming finals
- Thursday 31st May: Read coverage in the Oxford Times about the National Schools Regatta 2018 where Headington collected 8 medals
- Tuesday 15th May: Read the article from The Oxford Student or the Oxford Mail covering the Town and Gown 2018 10k Race
- Friday 23rd March 2018: The Oxford Mail write about Headington Prep School’s Aiden Meller Gallery Evening where pupils exhibited their own Art work alongside an original piece from the late English artist Henry Moore and the Impressionist Camille Pissarro
- Friday 16th March 2018: Read the Oxford Mail‘s article about our ‘Big Bang @ Headington’ STEM event which was attended by 10 schools, inspiring young people to get into Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths careers
- Friday 9th March: The Oxford Mail features a new story on Headington Prep School girls on International Women’s Day where stereotypes about STEM being boys-only subjects were rebuffed and girls experienced virtual reality tech to see DNA ‘unfold’
- Monday 22nd January 2018: Read a blog as feature on ISC from Rachel Fleming, Head of Early Years Foundation Stage at Headington Prep School, who outlines why outdoor learning is so important in improving pupils’ team working skills, increasing self-confidence and encouraging an understanding of the environment
- Spring 2018: Independent Schools magazine and website Independent School Parent.com features a column written by Headmistress Caroline Jordan explaining why parents need to see the bigger picture when selecting a school for their child