Inside the Hive
The Headington Hive is a symbol of the School’s ambition and will be a dynamic hub, bringing together people as well as ideas. It will be a space where girls are encouraged to find ways to exercise their creativity and work collaboratively.
When people are inspired by their working environment they are more likely to be imaginative and creative and on Friday 6th November, all pupils across both Prep and Senior school had a special assembly where they were able to have a sneak preview inside The Hive. U5 girls were lucky enough to have a hard hat tour of The Hive and their reactions to the new space were shared with the rest of the school community in the assembly.
So what facilities will be inside The Hive?
- With a strong campus feel, the ground floor will be the home for the Creative Technology Suite, a striking glass cube, putting new media at the forefront of our contemporary studio practice
- Two dedicated Sixth Form Studios, providing a unique opportunity for students to take ownership of their working space
- 3D Workshop and Studio and Lens Media Studios for whole school curriculum use
- A large Exhibition Gallery and event space (larger than the Main Hall!) which will showcase pupils’ work and host large events and workshops
- Five Specialist Teaching Spaces devoted to delivering an excellent standard of teaching and learning in Art, Design and Textiles
- A Lecture Theatre large enough to accommodate a whole year group, maximising the opportunities for external engagement to spark curiosity and expand horizons
At its core, this project is about providing teaching and learning, as well as event spaces, with staff who are passionate about cultivating cross-curricular creative thinking for the benefit of Headington girls. To find out more about why creative thinking is at the heart of a Headington education, please sign up for ‘Creativity in the curriculum’ live session on Monday 9th November at 7.00 pm including the opportunity for Q&A.
Mrs Helen Batchelor, External Relations Trustee, said: “Next week, schools across the UK are coming together to offer their communities a dedicated opportunity to give their time, treasure, or talent. At Headington we would love your support towards The Hive to help us achieve our Campaign for a creative thinking future.”
If you would like to get involved or find out more, please contact Mrs Batchelor at firstname.lastname@example.org.