Hockey Autumn Term Round Up
An update from our Hockey specialist Mr Williams on the incredible successes of our Hockey teams this term:
“I am pleased to share a short update on our Hockey teams this year. We have so much going on! Our Hockey Captains this year are Bea, Ffion and Juliette and this year’s achievements are:
- The U18s won their Indoor County Hockey Tournament – A hugely exciting achievement! Particularly given that we have never entered this tournament before and this group hadn’t played indoor together until the week before! Winning this tournament, and not losing a single game no less, meant the team qualified for the regional indoor finals tournament which happened on Sunday 28th November. A fun day out which ended with the team placing third in their group. Well done team!
- The 2nd XI came fourth in the County Plate Tournament. This is the first time we’ve had a second team in the Sixth Form and is hugely exciting. Lots of these girls have since given the local Oxford Hockey Club a go which is one of the biggest wins of all.
- The U16A team won their County Hockey Tournament. This group have won their county tournament every year since U3 which is a huge achievement and shows how strong they are across the county.
- The U14A came third in South Region Finals. A huge achievement! They were right there with Bradfield and Wellington (the latter whom are going to nationals). This will be an exciting two years for this group
- The U14B team did very well in their County Hockey Tournament – it is really exciting to have two competitive teams at this tournament.
We have huge numbers of girls playing club hockey, and particularly for our partnership club, Oxford Hockey Club. We also have lots of girls in the Oxfordshire county sides and more girls than ever before playing at regional level. Something I am proud of is that lots of our ex-pupils are still playing Hockey and really enjoying it, well beyond leaving school. This involves those playing recreationally as well as a handful who are playing national league.”
For full match reports, see the Sports Department’s newsletter ‘The Final Score’.